Guest Blogging Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the
??#virtualspacehero ? blog ?
Through this blog we share knowledge about topics that matter for teaching, training, organising events, working, leading, collaborating remotely. We are happy about the diverse range of authors who support us with their expertise and international best practices to improve our practices about virtual work, virtual trainings and virtual events.
?️ You want to become a guest writer? ?️
First of all, thank you! We love having bright people like you contribute to the #virtualspacehero community. We invite you to read through the following contributor guidelines and get in touch with us by sending your initial idea!
- Topic: teaching, training, organising events, working, leading, collaborating remotely
- Originality:Please do not submit a piece that has been previously published elsewhere. We don not republish.
- Quality:The quality of your content is key. Please use compelling arguments and high-quality writing.
- Readability:Please make your content readable. Be specific. Don’t try too hard. Simple sentences win every time.
- Sources:If you use any specific data, quotations or refer to outside content, please attribute the source. But please don’t make it too academic.
- Length:Let your content guide you. Mostly, we publish content around 600 to 1,800 words long.
- Use sub-headers.
- Keep paragraphs limited to roughly 2-4 sentences.
- Add structure to your article by using bullet points and blockquotes, if relevant.
- Make it spotlight-ready! Double check your spelling, grammar, etc. and submit a ready-to-publish piece. (Don’t worry, we’ll take a look too.)
- Author bio:
- Short author bio, 1-3 sentences
- An author headshot
- Link to your company webpage or Linkedin profile
?️ Include images
Images help illustrate examples and ideas, making the post easier to read and understand. Please make sure that you hold the rights for the images you are using or provide us with the link to the license-free image from free online sources you are suggesting for your blog. Not more than three images per post. At least 1000 pixels width (exception: graphs / figures for withing the article can be smaller).
? Use contextual backlinks
Links are very helpful for the reader, so they get the chance to read more in-depth into a topic. We highly appreciate if you cross-link to other articles from our #virtualspacehero blog or other blogs that provide the needed background information. Guideline: max. 2 external links per post. No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post. Add 1-2 links to other virtualspacehero blog posts
? Suggestions for findability in the cloud
The world of search engine optimization (SEO) is complex and ever-changing, but you can easily understand the basics, and even a small amount of SEO knowledge can make a big difference. If you are interested, have a look at the SEO Basic Guide online here to increase the findability and therefore also the impact of your article.
✨ Editing note
#virtualspacehero reserves the right to propose edits and/or reject any content submitted for publication. Thank you for your understanding that we do not publish self-promotional pieces. To be on the #virtualspacehero blog, your article must be helpful, knowledgeable and insightful.